Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

One Step Closer

The title is misleading on this post. True, I'm one step closer today but I am actually talking about getting things checked off to get ready to leave. Finally finished Kim's Scrapbook shelves I told her I'd make her for a Christmas present. Couldn't start them until almost may because of the cold. All my saws (table and radial arm) are outside and it didn't climb above 30 until late may this year. Finished them though, and have them in the kitchen where she wanted them.
So now she has them to display all her scrapbooks that were hidden under the TV. The shelves were made to hold a 14" x 14" scrapbook upright.
Now she can have them right next to where she usually works on them AND keep an eye on the brats!
Now I have to go play plumber. Had a valve in a shower fail yesterday. Hopefully I can fix/repair it without having to replace it. To replace we'd have to get an actual plumber in here to tear out the bathroom shower wall (UGH!!). More $$ then that we don't have in this cruddy economy.

Tonight though, will be ours. Kids are gone to a friends. We'll go enjoy a night of peace over some good middle eastern (falafels, babaganou, humus, flat bread, schwarmas, etc.) food. We actually got pretty fond of it being over in Saudi for a couple of years.

Will see what today finishes out with, hopefully the plumbing won't be a total pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess this is the comment form. Feel free! I can always delete any I don't like :)