Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Last Thursday in the USA for the rest of the year!

What a concept, I won't see another Friday in the US for the rest of the calendar year. Sobering thought.

I actually got most of what I wanted done yesterday. Started transferring files to a thumb drive to take with me since I didn't get a company laptop to carry with me. I have to transfer needed files to a server and then pull them off down in McMurdo. Will do that Tuesday, the 10th. Just copied to a thumb drive just in case though. Better to have more than one way to skin a cat in your pocket.

Also found out that the bus leaves the office for the Airport at noon on Wed. So I will be there about 11AM. That's going to be a long-assed two days. Leaving here (Denver) at 4:30PM and finally getting to Christchurch New Zealand two days later and 18 hours on a plane. Not looking forward to the trip. Looking forward at the end result though.

Took the kids to "Back to School" night last night to turn in their "required materials (reams of copy paper, pencils, pens, colored markers, colored pencils, folders, Kleenex, that crap) as the school systems here in CO seem to be quite short of money. The parents have to augment the schools with materials. Not used to this as coming from CA this was never seen. Schools supplied everything back then. No idea now as I haven't lived or been to a school in CA for over 30 years.

Today (this morning) working out with Kim. P-90X time :P Later have to go shopping for little stuff. Then start making the instructions for Kim for turning off the water to outside so it doesn't burst the pipes, changing heater filters, all that "Guy" stuff I took care of.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess this is the comment form. Feel free! I can always delete any I don't like :)